Thursday 14 January 2010

Sans sheriff.

I found a time machine
on the floor in front of me;
it had always been there but
had not realized it was wanted.
I wanted it; I needed it, to go back
to a point in the past and undo an
Action - a many pointed past at that -
with the safety pin that attached its
star to my chest as the point in question.
It was this pin that I had opened causing
all its fine degrees to defile their course,
and proceed through multiple layers
of thin air, crashing spectacularly.
Peaks once charged with a possibility’s
blessing troughed as soon as freed,
sluicing down every vale, and I never did
learn to swim. I asked the machine to
wake and it wagged eagerly at me,
awaiting my request – there please –
and it was off. I stepped into the
unfinished living room of my first
house and saw me sleeping on a
camp bed, where I suffocated
myself immediately. I dumped
my body miles away and took
its place, and to this day
I’ve no regrets, as the
Sheriff’s not been seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment